Pages

Friday 12 December 2008

What Kaia is to Me

Hello Everyone, Myki Blaisdale here,

I always wondered why you called the place Kaia Meggie, lol, and just to make sure, wasn't the greek term for "Of the earth" Gaia? Hmmm I could be wrong.

But I didn't log in and post here to to debate the origins of the name, I just wanna say what Kaia Estates has meant to me. And also, if this blog gets busy, I'd like to Blog about my tour in Iraq here if we have enough people reading and responding to the different posts.

For me, Kaia has always been kinda a refuge. I'm a furry only in secondlife, no human form here ^,..,^ *wags tail* and something I kinda learned about furries is they don't always represent the most admirable people. The furry subculture is based on an art style called Yiffy, which is a form of drawing, and writing stories, music, etc, that involves personified animals, such as my self ^^ Secondlife is an awesome place where now, we as players, can set up our avatars to look and act out what we call our fursonas, how we view ourselves as a personified, or even, a feral animal.

The artwork tends to be mature, so alot of furries in game only use the game as a place to get thier rocks off. and well, you wouldn't truly be a furry if you didn't take part in that somehow, however, there's alot of furries that take it too far, and that's all they want to talk about and do in the game.

For me, Kaia has always been a refuge from that. The residents I have met, usually humans, have been very smart, and sweet to me and that's awesome to see in a place where furries and humans don't always get along. I've met a ton of really great people from different countries al over our great world, and even though they don't know why I'm an animal, they've always treated me as a person, and I wanna thank everyone for that.

Sometimes the furry sims just seem so superficial, and it's nice to know I can always just go home, to Kaia, walk the streets, and if I was to meet someone on my constitutional, chances are they're really kewl, and won't be trying to get into my pants, lol.

Now I'm headed to Iraq, in real life, and it's nice to be able to blog here, and keep in touch with everyone, so hey, feel free to respond or just send messages to me on my email Mykidog@animail.net.

Well, I gotta get to formation, so I will hopefully talk to all of you later and tell you all stories of my "adventure" in iraq ^,..,^

2 comments:

  1. Awww...thanks Myki! Thinking of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Kaia resident, and a true military brat, I hope your journey to Iraq was a safe one. I appreciate the sacrifice you are making for all of us, and wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas! May your tour be a safe one and, as my dad says, "keep your head down"!

    ReplyDelete